About Professional Dance Network (PDN)
PDN is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to quality performing arts instruction for young children through adults.
PDN offers Convention classes for all levels of dance and related disciplines, including musical theater and creative movement.
PDN believes that it is important for teachers to have a well-rounded background that not only includes dance techniques but also theoretical applications. PDN offers the latest in choreography and teaching as it relates to developmental levels.
PDN develops venues for children to enjoy performance and develop their talent skills.
PDN’s dedication is exhibited by:
- Offering classes for all levels of dance and related disciplines, including musical theatre and creative movement.
- Using the latest in choreography and teaching as it relates to developmental levels.
- Believing that it is important for dance and movement teachers to have a well-rounded background that not only includes dance techniques but also theoretical applications.
- Developing venues for children to enjoy performance and develop their talent and skills.
PDN’s faculty includes professional and championship dancers, well-known dance teachers, Broadway performers, professional choreographers and kinesiologists with extensive experience and training in their fields.
PDN provides a friendly environment where dancers and participants have opportunities to work closely with professionals — at their level, working on choreography and technique.
Teachers participate in small classes especially designed for their needs. Even adults have opportunities to enjoy workshops with other moms or dads!
PDN provides a faculty of professional dancers, choreographers and specialists that understand the individual needs of emerging or advanced dancers.
Our Annual Events:
Opportunities for all ages to perform and be critiqued by three professional adjudicators. Individualized score sheets and USB.
Dancers have opportunities to show off routines learned during Festival Workshops.
The ONLY event designed to help support the scholarships and programs offered throughout the year. Fundraiser, silent auction and award-winning performances.
Disneyland Resort Spectacular
PDN offers participants an opportunity to learn choreography by Frit and Frat Fuller and dance down Main-Stree, U.S.A. Specialized Workshops taught by Disney choreographers.
PDN’s Founder & Director: Sheri A Senter, Ed.D.
Dr. Senter has been involved with dance
since she was a child, as a student,
performer, teacher, choreographer
& author of children’s movement
and song curriculum.
She has been involved in dance
workshops for more than 30 years.
Since founding Professional Dance Network
in 1995, Sheri has served as its Executive Director.
Other professional accolades:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from USC
- Master of Arts in Education from Azusa Pacific University
- Doctorate in Early Childhood/Special Education from USC
- Lifetime teaching credentials, including instructor of dance, community college
- Dance instructor at private dance studios and community college, specializing in jazz, combination classes for young children, dance for physical education teachers and beginning dance classes for adults, senior dance and exercise
- Member of the dance troupe, “The Happy Hoofers”
- Dance teacher at local dance conventions, including CAPHERD’s Southwest Dance, Movement and Acro-sports Workshop; NAEYC; Adaptive PE and movement therapy
- Writer of movement and dance curriculum for young children including “Learning Through Movement and Song”
- Retired CEO of Early Childhood Corporation
- Educational & Management Consultant
- Current Special Education Teacher